April 29, 2013

Think you got it under control?

I'd like to share with you all somethings that I've been learning and God has been showing me. I have this habit of wanting to know what's going to happen. For instance if there is a schedule I will check it numerous times, I'm sure I've asked Tony multiple times a trip about what time or when something was going on. I like to be in the know. Well when it comes down to God and his plans for us we aren't going to get to know everything. One reason being if we knew what was going to happen in our future then that doesn't leave much room for faith, trust, and surrender. How much would that require us to rely on God? Not much at all. When I look at my future I have to trust God and have faith in what he is doing that it will work out. Proof is in one of the probably most used cliche verses to throw at some one but fact of the matter is that all things do work together for the good those who love God (Romans 8:28). Like our guest speaker said a couple weeks ago, life is kind of like a puzzle with out the picture, you get pieces along the way and sometimes you see where they fit and sometimes you don't but at the end of your life you will see the picture and see where God put together something amazing and you had no idea what it was going to end up like. We have to come to terms with this or else we are going to be miserable and always wondering or asking God why something is the way it is. Accept that you won't understand everything, you won't know what's ahead until you get there. Even when you think you have a handle on where you're going and what you think God's plan for you is, you don't. Yeah, God will reveal somethings to you, but not the whole picture. We need to also surrender control over to God on our lives. God has a plan and I believe that he is going to accomplish that plan. We have the choice to surrender and obey or to be hard headed and think we have it under control and do it our own way. One choice will result in peace while I can testify that the other will be a struggle and get you in a spot that you never would have been in had you surrendered to begin with. God has reminded me of these things lately and I've felt like the rug was pulled from under my feet, but the reality was I put too much faith and trust in my own self and my own plans that I was not standing on the solid rock of Christ, I was standing on a faulty plan. As some of you maybe at a point in your life where the surrendering control and having to trust God completely is a struggle and down right scary I hope you remember Philippians 4:6-8. do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. (Philippians 4:6-8 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment